Jobs and Interships
Econometrics Specialist Expired
We are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date an Econometrics Specialist for the Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition Social Enterprise (VIETSE), to strengthen the positioning of the organisation as a broadly recognised centre for know-how and dialogue platform on energy system transformation in Vietnam.
About the Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition
The Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition (VIETSE) is an independent think-tank with a mission to accelerate the energy transition of Vietnam toward a low-carbon society in a sustainable and reliable manner.
Our main objective is to deliver fact-based analysis on key drivers for the energy transition and provide a platform for discussions on technological, economic, and policy aspects of the Vietnamese energy sector. We also focus on broader information and communication exchange towards the public and policy dialogues.
Job description: Econometrics Specialist (full-time)
In this role, you will be in-charge of the respective economic analysis and econometric modeling focused on just energy transition, climate protection and sustainable development. You will directly participate in our studies and projects and provide expertise relating to your professional area.
Thus, you will have demonstrated technical skills in one or more of the following areas:
- exploring the underlying economic relationships between energy transition and dimensions of sustainable development, including economic growth, employment and equality, natural resources and climate change;
- use national and international datasets to undertake the specification, estimation and validation of econometric models to unravel the impacts of energy transition scenarios on sustainable development dimensions;
- conduct simulation exercises to inform related policy discussions.
You will also need to have good analytical skills and background to evaluate international experience and policy/legal mechanisms to support the energy transition of Vietnam toward a low-carbon society in a sustainable and reliable manner.
- Analyze the empirical literature on various issues related to energy transition, renewable energy technology diffusion, energy efficiency with economic growth, equality, environmental and social impacts;
- Collect and organize data sets, specifically in energy economics;
- Preparation of questionnaires, management of the distribution of the questionnaires and briefing of the other researchers involved
- Conduct studies on economics using models to determine suitable indicators in energy transition scenario development, assess the effectiveness of indicators and interpret results;
- Specify, estimate and validate econometric models that quantify the economic relationship in the energy transition scenarios to inform policy discussions, contributing to the policy recommendations of VIETSE;
- Develop, maintain and share the expertise in various related areas within VIETSE;
- Presentation of research proposals;
- Preparation of the reports and presentation of the results;
- Provision of recommendation for the clients on how to use the results;
- Contribute to other duties as required.
- Work in an international environment and equal opportunity with a dedicated and committed workforce.
- Learning opportunities to be trained professionally on just energy transition and climate protection fields.
- Compensation: Competitive monthly salary (based on The UN-EU guidelines for financing and direct negotiation) with social insurance according to VN regulations; Trips per year, integrated with designed team building and capacity building activities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in statistics, mathematics, business/economics or related field, with + 10 years relevant full-time work experience in the field related to the task;
- Knowledge of up-to-date econometrics, planning and statistical analysis software;
- Knowledge and/or experience in energy/power sector is an advance;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills in Vietnamese and English;
- Very good team-spirit and well organized, stress-resistant, and able to work with deadlines;
- Analytical and abstract reasoning;
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the development or study needs.
How to apply
The position is full-time and based in Hanoi. Term of contract is 12 months full time after 01 months’ probation period, with a possible extension depending on results. The position is available immediately. The selection process is competitive. Shortlisted candidates will get opportunities to meet with the team and VIETSE’s leaders.
Application deadline: 20 October 2022
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications (including a cover letter, a CV describing your relevant experience and availability to start and other supporting documents) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org