Jobs and Interships
Grid System Analyst and Power System Analyst Expired
We are searching for dynamic and young talents of Grid System Analyst and Power System Analyst positions under Fresher Program. If you are a fresh-graduated or a final-year student undergraduate majoring in Engineering (preferably in electrical or electronic engineering), with an interest in energy transition and climate protection. Let’s get some real working experience with us!
The Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition (VIETSE) is an independent think-tank with a mission to accelerate the energy transition of Vietnam toward a low-carbon society in a sustainable and reliable manner.
Our main objective is to deliver fact-based analysis on key drivers for the energy transition and provide a platform for discussions on technological, economic, and policy aspects of the Vietnamese energy sector. We also focus on broader information and communication exchange towards the public and policy dialogues.
In this role, you will be in-charge of the respective technical issues of VIETSE. You will directly participate in our studies/projects, receive on-job training and provide expertise relating to your professional area.
Thus, you will need to possess knowledge of the power grid modeling, power system modeling, power system operation, power plant and market. You will also need to have a good understanding of energy transition and opportunities for innovation.
It will be an advantage if you have analytical skills and knowledge to evaluate bulk power system issues such as reliability, resilience, and resource adequacy.
- Analyze and contribute to the development and advancement of grid and power system modeling tools;
- Execute models, analyze and interpret results, and communicate outcomes for reports and presentations both internally to VIETSE and externally;
- Research, inquiry, organize, and analysis of large data sets;
- Realize studies for which either a specific of technical power grid/power system expertise is required;
- Develop, maintain and share the expertise in various related areas within VIETSE.
- Work in an international environment and equal opportunity with a dedicated and committed workforce.
- Learning opportunities to be trained professionally on energy transition and climate protection fields.
- Compensation: Competitive monthly salary with social insurance according VN regulations; Trips per year, integrated with designed team building and capacity building activities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Fresh-graduated or a final-year student undergraduate majoring in Engineering (preferably in electrical or electronic engineering).
- Knowledge in power system computations, modeling and state estimation is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of specific computing tools.
- Good knowledge of English
- Creative, innovative, and proactive driven
- Very good team-spirit and well organized, stress-resistant, and able to work with deadlines
- Analytical and abstract reasoning
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the development or study needs.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications (including a cover letter, a CV describing your relevant experience and availability to start and other supporting documents) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 15 May 2022