Jobs and Interships
Power System Analyst Expired
We are seeking to hire at the earliest possible starting date a Power System Analyst for the Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition Social Enterprise (VIETSE), to strengthen the positioning of the organisation as a broadly recognised centre for know-how and dialogue platform on energy system transformation in Vietnam.
About the Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition
The Vietnam Initiative for Energy Transition (VIETSE) is an independent think-tank with a mission to accelerate the energy transition of Vietnam toward a low-carbon society in a sustainable and reliable manner.
Our main objective is to deliver fact-based analysis on key drivers for the energy transition and provide a platform for discussions on technological, economic, and policy aspects of the Vietnamese energy sector. We also focus on broader information and communication exchange towards the public and policy dialogues.
Job description: Power System Analyst
In this role, you will be in-charge of the respective technical issues of VIETSE. You will directly participate in our studies and projects and provide expertise relating to your professional area.
Thus, you will need to possess sound knowledge of the power system modeling, power system operation, power plant and market. You will also need to have a good understanding of energy transition and opportunities for innovation.
Analytical skills and background to evaluate power investment options are essential for you to make recommendations on both technical and financial aspects.
It will be an advantage if you have experience in power construction projects and experience working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders in the development of the power plants.
- Analyze and define the operational principles, calculation methods and assessment criteria;
- Select and develop models, including grid, power plant and load;
- Develop and implement tools and procedures to support the analysis and evaluation of the security of supply;
- Realize studies for which either a specific or high level of technical power system expertise is required;
- Develop, maintain and share the expertise in various related areas within VIETSE.
- Work in an international environment and equal opportunity with a dedicated and committed workforce.
- Learning opportunities to be trained professionally on energy transition and climate protection fields.
- Compensation: Competitive monthly salary (based on The UN-EU guidelines for financing and direct negotiation) with social insurance according VN regulations; Trips per year, integrated with designed team building and capacity building activities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in electrical and electronic engineering. A Master's or Ph.D. in a related field is an asset.
- +2 years of experience with activities related to modeling and operating power system. Experience with interlink power system projects, HVDC projects, power plant's construction and decommissioning plant is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in power system computations (in both static and dynamic conditions), modeling and state estimation is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of specific computing tools.
- Good knowledge of English
- Creative, innovative, and proactive driven
- Very good team-spirit and well organized, stress-resistant, and able to work with deadlines
- Analytical and abstract reasoning
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the development or study needs.
How to apply
The position is based in Hanoi. Term of contract is 12 months full time after 01 months’ probation period, with a possible extension depending on results. The position is available immediately. The selection process is competitive. Shortlisted candidates will get opportunities to meet with the team and VIETSE’s leaders.
Application deadline: 20 October 2022. Interested candidates are invited to send their applications (including a cover letter, a CV describing your relevant experience and availability to start and other supporting documents) to email: firstname.lastname@example.org